The heart of this event is you, our participants—and we need your help to make the biggest impact possible against this disease. Remember, your registration fee helps us cover the cost of operations at this event, but additional fundraising is how we make an important contribution to our community. Your support will fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs that save lives in our community! Some examples of programs currently being funded include: Camp Bravehearts Oncology Camp for Women, Metastatic Breast Cancer supports for women at Breast Cancer Options, Education and Screening Navigation for women in Schenectady and Montgomery Counties by the YWCA of Northeastern New York, Navigation for hispanic women in Montgomery County by To Life and Centro Civico.
We've set a big goal this year, but with your help we can make it!
This year let's raise $200,000!
Here are a few things to know and share with everyone…
- Up to 75% of Komen’s net revenue is used to support local community based education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program
- All donations are tax-deductible
- Learn more about our local grants program and how we serve our local community here
- Remember to ask your employer and your donors for Company Matching Gifts
- Share your personal story of why you’re running or walking to end breast cancer
- Learn more about the research Komen does around the globe
Help us save lives and end breast cancer forever by fundraising for the Race for the Cure. Remember, your registration fee gets us to the start line, but your fundraising gets us to the Cure!